September 12, 2008

early morning walks and leaky roofs...

The last couple of days I have a canine alarm clock. At around 6:30 (am!) I hear the ticking of claws on the wood floors, followed by a snout at bed level poking at my hand. Being early and a beautiful morning I thought to bring my camera along for the morning walk. Well...more like a sniff & crap...but anyway, on through the alleys. Cruising by the Serrouya-Woods house I saw the work that has been done(so far?) on the purported leaky roof.

Whoever is working on it, I hope they thought to cover that strange black hole-like thing before the torrential shower this afternoon. I think Loki pissed on their fence as I was taking the picture. The subsequent attempts at sunrise pics didn't turn out. But the 7:00am Modern sure did!

6 comments:

Nature Nerd said...

I rode by it right after the downpour to see how the hazel nuts are doing and there was a tarp up on the roof and things looked dry.

No nuts yet though.

Ryan said...

I checked in today after that torrential rain and things weren't *too* wet in there. Good thing they took their bikes with them though, those roofers look like they came straight from the downtown eastside.

RSwood said...

Um, this has to be some kind of Joke, what is happening to our house??????? Thanks for providing the spy photos!!

RSwood said...

Ok really, I had no idea things were getting ripped apart. Yikes!!! Better get on the phone....

Albinoblackbear said...

and suddenly Simms gets a hit counter and becomes a blogger...

Ryan said...

And suddenly Simms becomes a qualified stalker...