July 8, 2010

Getting to Russia

Pictures of the 2 day ferry(the 'Eastern Dream') from Japan to Vladivostok and of Vladivostok. I don't really have the words to describe Russia yet.
Customs and immigration was an absolute breeze once I got past the first lady to whom I passed my passport through a small slit at the bottom of a glass window. With all the horror stories from the internet swirling through my head I could hear my heart pounding as I waited. Then, without looking at me, she passed it back fully stamped and looked towards the next victim, B. Vladivostok is quite a charming city. If I were to make a couple of small corrections I'd remove the pack of wild dogs that we came across and I'd remove 8 of every 10 cars on the road.

















5 comments:

Nature Nerd said...

Still laughing at the photo of you and the bearded statue.
Nice updates!

Ryan said...

The picture of you and your uncle Sergey is classic!
Russia looks awesome.

ragingpenguin said...

Looking good John - Keep up the posts!

Ryan said...

I bet you had a hard time tearing B away from those awesome weapons.

Heavy Trevy said...

Classic photo with the statue.

Glad to hear they welcomed you with open arms ... and arms from the 80s. Bridget in an anti-aircraft gun - oil and water.

How is the food?!