October 12, 2007

eject before disconnecting


I recently read an article about the relative cost of the new ipod nano [ok...just a non sequitur...it seems that some omniscient, inescapable spell checker subtly underlines all words you type with a light, dashed red line. Included in the universe of badly spelled words is the word 'ipod'...it leads me to wonder if this 'feature' on a Mac will underline 'ipod' and if it's just passive aggressive vengeance on the part of Microsoft XP...anyway] in different countries. A variation on PPP...or purchasing power parity. Known as the 'ipod index'...read about it here...I'm too lazy to paraphrase. Other methods are talked about here. Anyhow...what I deem to be the triple point of economic feasibility + technological expectation + 'ipod index' has happened for me and thus I have bought an ipod. As magical as that perfect spot where an element is both a liquid, solid, and a gas at the same time, or some may say 'the perfect storm', I found my self in the store, with the money, with the will to buy...I should really call it the quadruple point because the ensuing endorphins are pretty special too. As is my mommy-bear instinct to protect my new little gadget. I could go on, like any Apple product owner, about how cute it is, how it's so well proportioned and is so easy to use, and how even the packaging is round and pleasant to rub all over your body. But I won't. I'll eject now, and disconnect.

4 comments:

Henkka said...

ipod, the tamagotchi reinvented?

Ryan said...

This post is so old and dull, why don't you ever update your blog John?

Albinoblackbear said...

I think John has stroked his 'pod more than me in the last 5 days.
Thanks apple for destroying the intimacy between me and my boyfriend...sleek and shiny, how could any man resist???

Henkka said...

planning to start a "say no to ipod's" campaign as a counterstrike?