October 16, 2007

guns guns guns...

After 34 years of being fascinated with firearms I finally took the test that will allow me the pleasure. I can't remember the last time I took a test. The whole process was quite exciting indeed!


The studying...





The sweating...




The thrill of the hunt...



The practical...(pump, hinge, bolt)




The result!




I may have done well on the test but the guy doing the testing, Matt, broke out with an occasional smirk. Most likely thinking something like "this guy studied hard but I bet he can't shoot worth shit...". He's probably right...I'm all book knowledge, no street smarts. But at least I've done my heritage proud...and I can finally put my grubby paws on my great grand-dad's gun! (note that it's a larger calibre than Ryan's which is only fair as he only got 98%).

7 comments:

Ryan said...

I got two questions wrong because I had to listen to you asking all your god damned questions about whether or not you could take pictures during the test.

simmers said...

It was out of 50 Ryan...that means you only got one wrong. Geez...did he have to read the questions to you?

Ryan said...

You were so distracting in there rubbing guns and ammunition all over your body I didn't have time to count the number of questions.

simmers said...

touché

Henkka said...

getting prepared in case we ever try to come back to Revey?

simmers said...

Yup...I'm a gonna hunt me a Finn.

Albinoblackbear said...

Ry was slaggin' you on my blog--doesn't he realise you just got your GUN license???

you need to update your blog...maybe with some pics of you shoe shopping! =P